[cisco-bba] To Shape or Police DSL Subscribers ??

Gerald Krause gk at ax.tc
Mon Feb 21 16:58:09 EST 2011

Am 21.02.11 21:24, schrieb Tony:
> --- On Tue, 22/2/11, Gerald Krause <gk at ax.tc> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tony,
>>
>> on what kind of interface do you receive the L2TP/VPDN
>> sessions - GE,
>> ATM? I had no luck with any 'shape' or 'priority'
>> policy-map so far -
>> only 'police' works for me now.
>>

> ATM.
>
> As a thought, have you tried to configure a "normal" GE sub-int and see what policies you can apply ? If a QoS policy won't apply then you might see why in the logs. You should also be able to debug why it's not applying the policy, but I don't know which debug that would be.

Hm, ATM - I might remember a cisco QoS document that state that there
exist some differences between VPDN sessions on ATM and GE interfaces in
conjuction with per-user QoS but I can not find the document at the
moment (I terminate myself the L2TP/VPDN sessions on a GE interface).

And I have already activated some debug options.

LNS#sh debug
General OS:
  AAA Authorization debugging is on
  AAA Per-user attributes debugging is on
PPP:
  PPP authentication debugging is on
  PPP protocol negotiation debugging is on
L2TP:
  L2TP errors debugging is on
SSS:
  SSS Manager errors debugging is on
  SSS AAA authorization event debugging is on
  SSS policy all debugs debugging is on
Subscriber Service Switch/Policy profile:
  Subscriber profile events debugging is on

But the logfile did not tell me anything special when a policy-map won't
be applied. Ok, still searching for some other doc's on cisco.com and
trying other configurations...

--
Gerald