[cisco-bba] LNS redundancy

Gary T. Giesen giesen at snickers.org
Wed Mar 23 13:22:47 EDT 2011

Your PPPoE clients shouldn't have a default route pointed at a
specific IP, but rather an Interface. On Cisco IOS, for example, it
would be "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer1". That way, no matter what
IP is on the other end of the tunnel, it will send the traffic down
it.

This works for any technology that is point-to-point. Don't try it on
Ethernet or you will have some fun (especially if you have proxy arp
enabled).

GG