[cisco-bba] Radius attribute for LAC / L2TP source interface

Victor Lyapunov victor.lyapunov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 02:28:45 EST 2012

Hello

I am trying to set up the LAC routers in our network. We are trying to
find the necessary Radius Attributes / AVPs
that will enable us to retrieve the tunnel parameters from radius.

We have not found a way to overcome this difficulty though:

- Each LAC must service multiple L2TP tunnels / domain.
- In each LAC we must use a different source IP address for each
domain (we have multiple loopback addresses configured
in the routers one for each tunnel)

We have not found a proper Radius attribute that will force the LAC to
use a particular interface address as L2TP source address.

(Cisco-AVPair = vpdn:source-ip  & Tunnel-Client-Endpoint both take ip
address as argument, not interface)

In this way we must create multiple radius accounts for each
l2tp/domain (one for each LAC).

If we could define through radius an interaface as tunnel source
(indstead of individual IPs), less accounts would be required.

Does anyone know proper Radius Attribute / AVP or syntax that enables
the LAC to define a specific loopback interface as the
L2tp tunnel source?

Thnx in advance