[cisco-bba] Choosing LNS On A Per-Domain Basis

Dominic dominic at broadconnect.ca
Mon Sep 30 17:47:49 EDT 2013

We are using the Cisco ASR 1004 for LNS. For business reasons, we have tw
sets of  PPPOE users authenticating against the LNS -the only difference
being the @ domain part. So for example:

(a.) user at domain1.com
(b.) user at domain2.com

Irrespective of their domain, all users come in via the same LACs, and via
the same L2TP tunnels. We do not own the LACS, and are not able to make or
request any changes on the LAC-side.

Here is what  we are trying to do: we would like to choose the terminating
LNS based on the domain name.  So all users  @ domain1, for example, should
authenticate to LNS1, while all users @ domain2 should authenticate to LNS2.
As I said, we do not manage the LACs. Also, the ip address of my LNS(es) are
statically defined in the LACs, and not negotiated dynamically at
authentication time.

So is there anyway to choose the LNS according to the domain presented in
the username?  Is there some way to force users at domain1 to LNS #1, and
users at domain2 to LNS #2? If so, can anyone share some pointers as to we
accomplish it?

Thanks in advance.
Dominic