[cisco-bba] PPPoE: Install route to IPv6 Peer Address on CPE

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Fri Apr 17 16:03:04 EDT 2015

Gary T. Giesen wrote on 27/1/2015 6:22 μμ:

> Under IPv6, we're assigning the clients static addresses with SLAAC using a
> combination of Framed-IPv6-Prefix and Framed-Interface-Id.
Just a comment on this.
I don't think you can force the Framed-Interface-Id to the client.
Most of the time the client will accept it, but it's not guaranteed.

> Under IPv6, we're assigning the clients static addresses with SLAAC using a
> combination of Framed-IPv6-Prefix and Framed-Interface-Id. The LNS installed
> a route for the /64 (which is adequate) and there's no issue there. However,
> the CPE does not install a route for the IPv6, and as such does not know how
> to reach the BGP peer to establish the session.

Regarding your main issue, i believe configuring "no peer neighbor-route" under the ppp interfaces will make the same problem appear on IPv4 too.
Maybe give a try to "no ipv6 nd ra suppress" under the vt.

--
Tassos