[cisco-bba] 7204vxr as LNS - provider is LAC

Nathan Downes nathandownes at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 10 06:34:52 EDT 2015

I will look into this, might make things easier. I am not a cisco expert so slowly learning things as I need them. Takes a lot of reading and research to implement something new :) I ended up finding out that the provider was sending to the host address rather than the one I had allocated. .28 /30 and I was using .29.  Tunnel came up after they fixed that but no traffic would flow until I corrected the routing.

I am upgrading to an ASR 1004 for our core soon as I need netflow for some laws here, would it be better to use for termination than the 7204? Not a huge amount of traffic yet so guess I may as well leave it until necessary to replace with more power.

I find it kind of funny that in the end it was 9 lines of config changes that changed to terminate this whole new service.  I also had to create a new virtual template with a lower mss for it to work properly.