[cisco-bba] ASR1K LNS

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 11:52:58 EST 2016

Thanks for the on and off list responses all.

For list archives;

The ASR 1000 series seems to have minimal support for QoS over ADSL. I
made several tests using an ASR1002-X and wrote up all the issue I had
an experiences over these two links:

http://null.53bits.co.uk/index.php?page=adsl-and-lns-shaping-llq

http://null.53bits.co.uk/index.php?page=asr-ios-xr-lns-config

However it seems that the ASR 1002-X specifically in the whole range
or ASR1000s has less support than all the others for subscriber QoS :(

I have engaged TAC but didn't really get anywhere. Even using the
"model f" QoS policy on Cisco's website didn't help. Every subscriber
is shaped to % of the LNS physical links the L2TP tunnels come over.
We did have port-channels and as Gary mentioned, these are not really
support on the ASR1000 series for much of anything, I wouldn't
recommend deploying port-channels at all with these boxes.

The only way to achieve nice QoS ADSL also as Gary mentioned is to
shape the circuit to a specific speed. As per one off list person
said, the only good way to do this is in RADIUS. Get RADIUS to pull
the sync speed out of the AAA accounting info and send back a shaper
to say 10% less that that speed.

The post by "suivethefirst" on this Cisco support forum page pretty
much heads the nail on the head:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11699691/use-bandwidth-vai-qos-parent-policy

Cheers,
James.