[cisco-bba] 7204VXR vs ASR1001-x (as LNS / provider is LAC)

Stephen Fulton sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Sat Feb 11 15:11:32 EST 2017

Depends on your market.  If your anticipated user base is going to use a
lot of bandwidth, then you'll quickly exhaust the 7200 series, whereas
the ASR-X series can scale.

If you use a 7200, be prepared for it to fall over whenever a single
user is hit by small DDoS attack.  ASR-X's have handled these well
enough in my experience.

If you have space/power constraints, you can support more with a 1 or
2RU ASR-X than a rack full of 7200's.

QoS support scales better on the ASR-X series.

Finally, TAC.

-- Stephen