[cisco-bba] Using more than one IP Local Pool

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Tue Jul 4 07:14:36 EDT 2017

All,

We've got a rapidly increasing userbase on xDSL, terminating on a couple of
ASR1001X's as LNS's. The majority are on dynamic IP.

Currently, we're using one "ip local pool" per LNS, and specifying this via
a radius attribute:

        Cisco-AVPair += "ip:addr-pool=dynamic-dsl"

Each time we've run out of space in the pool, we've just replaced it with a
bigger contiguous subnet.

However, we're now at the point where we can't keep growing a contiguous IP
address range, so need to specify multiple ranges.

Without partitioning our users, is there a way to use multiple address ranges
for dynamic users like this?

Or are we doing it all wrong? :)

Simon