[cisco-bba] 7204VXR vs ASR1001-x (as LNS / provider is LAC)

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 10:30:17 EDT 2017

On 31 March 2017 at 13:08, Bruce Nikzad <bruce at rayantelecom.ca> wrote:
> Is it possible they are doing it differently than your structure?

Sounds like they are doing something a bit weird J

If you are planning for multiple LNS's, how will they support that if
they are going to connect directly to just one LNS in your network?

You need to get them to clarify the whole design end to end. When we
take interconnects with wholesalers we land them on a PE. Multiple
interconnects from the same wholesaler will land on different PEs for
resilience and we will advertise the IPs of our LNS's and RADIUS
servers over BGP to them.

Then they have the choice, their RADIUS and LAC’s can speak our RADIUS
and LNS devices in any order they like.

If you just have one or a handful of realms, *@realm1.net you can
always tell your wholesaler “my LNS IPs are 1.1.1.1, .2, .3 and .4,
please RR over them all”, then their RADIUS won’t need to speak to
yours.

Cheers,
James.