[cisco-nas] Callback with Microsoft IAS (RADIUS)

Harald Astrand astrand at unicc.org
Wed Apr 23 16:20:17 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am trying to get callback working on an AS5200 (12.0.7(T)) using RADIUS.
The AAA server used is a Windows 2000 Server running IAS.

On the AS5200 I have the following AAA configuration:

aaa new-model
aaa group server radius RASGROUP
 server 10.168.10.13 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
 server 10.168.10.14 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
!
aaa authentication login RAS group RASGROUP
aaa authentication ppp RAS group RASGROUP
aaa authorization exec RAS group RASGROUP
aaa authorization network RAS group RASGROUP
aaa accounting exec RAS start-stop group RASGROUP
aaa accounting network RAS start-stop group RASGROUP

interface Group-Async 1
 ppp authentication pap RAS
 ppp authorization RAS
 ppp accounting RAS

I have set us the policy in IAS to return the following parameters:

Framed-Protocol=PPP
Service-Type=Framed (there does not seem to be any service-type called
Framed-User)
Cisco-AV-Pair="lcp:callback-dialstring=12345678"

Unfortunately, I am not able to get this to work. Are there any more
parameters that I have to return to the NAS?
Also, if possible I would like to specify the callback number in the user
profile (and not in a AV-pair)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Harald