[cisco-nas] Problem with VoIP codes on 2600

Clayton Kossmeyer ckossmey at cisco.com
Wed Aug 13 10:38:43 EDT 2003

Hi Tomaz -

It sounds like what you want to do is configure "voice-class codec" to
create a list of codecs you want to support on the VoIP dial-peer
Also, if this is using an NM-HDV, you can configure the codec
complexity for the module to be either "medium" or "high".

Configuring for high complexity will cause the router to use g729; if
configured for medium complexity it will use g729a.  You can configure
the HDV module like this:

voice-card <slot>
 codec complexity [medium | high]

Here's a sample codec-class configuration:

voice-class codec 1
 codec preference 1 g729r8
 codec preference 2 g711ulaw

then, apply it to the dial-peer: