[cisco-nas] VPDN Problems

Nikolas Geyer n.geyer at infinite.net.au
Mon Dec 8 18:25:51 EST 2003

Hi all,

Am a newbie around here looking for any assistance possible. We are
currently purchasing a wholesale ADSL product off our backbone provider,
which terminates on our LNS via L2TP (which is a Cisco 2611XM).

The setup works great, all ADSL customers terminate with us. But is it
possible to act as a "virtual LAC" of sorts, so depending on the domain the
customer is connecting from, our LNS then tunnels the connection via L2TP to
another LNS? Below is an excerpt of the config from the router;

vpdn enable
vpdn multihop
vpdn ip udp ignore checksum
vpdn search-order domain
vpdn domain-delimiter @ suffix
!
vpdn-group ACIS
 request-dialin
  protocol l2tp
  domain acis.com.au
 initiate-to ip 203.14.230.5
!
vpdn-group connect-dsl-direct
! Default L2TP VPDN group
 description Terminate local PPP ADSL sessions here
 accept-dialin
  protocol l2tp
  virtual-template 1
 local name lns.core1.can.infinite.net.au
 lcp renegotiation on-mismatch
 l2tp tunnel password 7 06152B241B19380B03344152
 ip mtu adjust
!

As I said, this works great for our clients, but when someone logs in with
the domain @acis.com.au, we want the LNS to then tunnel it off to another
LNS, but its still trying to authenticate and terminate locally.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Nikolas Geyer
Systems Administration

13 Wiluna Street
Fyshwick ACT 2609

http://www.infinite.net.au/

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This message may contain privileged and confidential
information intended only for the above named addressee. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use,
distribution or reproduction of this message or any part thereof is
prohibited. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Infinite Networks.