[cisco-nas] Dialup Routing Q

Voralt peder at voralt.net
Mon Jul 7 08:15:28 EDT 2003

> You might want to investigate classless routing (command: 'ip classless')
>
> A description is here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios113ed/113ed_cr/n
p1_c/1cipadr.htm#xtocid212805

>  From what you are describing, you probably have 'ip classless'
configured...

I don't think that's the answer as it appears to be backwards from what I am
seeing.  It says that if you have "ip classless" and you have a supernet
configured, it will follow the supernet, which it is not.

> OR, you could add extra static routes with an admin distance for each
> specific subnet.

I tried that, it doesn't work.  Backup routes don't appear to have any
affect since the router always thinks the primary is still the best, that is
until it's time to actually forward traffic to the peer.