[cisco-nas] ISDN Disconnects

Dennis Peng dpeng at cisco.com
Thu Jul 17 11:25:54 EDT 2003

Hi David,

Could you open up a TAC case for this issue? I had one of our VOIP
experts take a look and this should work, but we'd need to get some
debugs and do some analysis. A TAC case would be the best way to
address this. Thanks.

Dennis

David A. Lauer [dalauer at tristarcorp.net] wrote:
> I'm having a problem that I believe is ISDN related.
>
> I have a Cisco 5350 IOS v12.2.13(T5) with eight ISDN interfaces.  I have
> NFAS setup on fourbi-directional ISDN T1s.
>
> I'm trying to setup a service called ring-too, where we accept our
> customers toll free number in on these Ts and then send it back out to
> their "ring-too" number (their local offices phone number).
>
> The flow should be something like this;
>
> 1. Toll Free number comes inbound through a POTS (TDM inbound)
> dial-peer.  This is a direct-inward dial dial-peer
>
> 2. The call is then routed out to a Gatekeeper through a VOIP (IP
> outbound) dial peer to determine the best GW to use for this route.
>
>         NOTE: This GK is located offnet and was setup in proxy mode
>               It is now in routed mode.  It is based on GnuGK
>
> 3. Because this gateway is the best route for the destination number
> the gatekeeper sends the call back and is accepted via a VOIP (IP
> inbound) dial peer.
>
> 4. lastly  there is a outbound POTS dial peer to  send the call to my
> carrier, back out an available DS0 in the NFAS group.
>
> It looks like if I have a session open and another call comes in, the
> first call will get clobbered (disconnected).  I see errors like this in
> my debugs;
>
>         Restart Indicator i = 0x80
>
>         H225_EVENT_RELEASE
>
>         cch323_h225_send_release: Cause = 41
>
>         Cause i = 0x809B - Destination out of order
>
> ******************** Config sections **************************
>
> isdn switch-type primary-4ess
> !
> voice service voip
>  fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco
> ! added because of incompatibility with carriers ISDN
>  h323
>   h245 caps mode restricted
> !
> controller T1 3/0
>  framing esf
>  linecode b8zs
>  pri-group timeslots 1-24 nfas_d primary nfas_int 0 nfas_group 1
>  no yellow generation
>  no yellow detection
> !
> controller T1 3/1
>  framing esf
>  linecode b8zs
>  pri-group timeslots 1-24 nfas_d backup nfas_int 1 nfas_group 1
>  no yellow generation
>  no yellow detection
> !
> controller T1 3/2
>  framing esf
>  linecode b8zs
>  cablelength short 133
>  pri-group timeslots 1-24 nfas_d none nfas_int 2 nfas_group 1
>  no yellow generation
>  no yellow detection
> !
> controller T1 3/3
>  framing esf
>  linecode b8zs
>  cablelength short 133
>  pri-group timeslots 1-24 nfas_d none nfas_int 3 nfas_group 1
>  no yellow generation
> [...]

 ..:||||||:..:||||||:..   San Jose, CA 95134       Fax:   (408) 232-2343
   Cisco Systems Inc.                              dpeng at cisco.com