[cisco-nas] AS5200s and the new DoS

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Jul 18 18:57:42 EDT 2003

It looks like we'll finally have to abandon 11.3AA since there's no
scheduled fixed version in that train.  We have a bunch of them...the
older ones have 8192K/4096K RAM, 8mb Flash and run
c5200-is-l.113-11a.AA.bin.  Last I looked, I don't think there was a 12.x
version with comparable features that would fit in 8mb RAM / 8mb Flash.

11.3AA's not covered in go/fn, so it's hard to comparison shop for a
replacement IOS.  IIRC, there was a <8mb 12.0 release (maybe 12.0 mainline
IP) that had most of the functionality of 11.3AA, minus all the show
caller commands.

I don't suppose there's any chance of a fix in 11.3AA? :)

If the alternative workaround is access-lists on the ethernet and every
virtual-access interface, I'm not sure these boxes have the CPU for all
those ACLs.

 Atlantic Net                |