[cisco-nas] Problem with USR V.92 users - Bell Nexxia

Francisco fxdoming at golden.net
Wed Jul 23 15:03:41 EDT 2003

We've been getting numerous complaints from users unable to
connect to our AS5300 infrastructure.
The IOS change was prompted due to the Cisco Vulnerability
announcement.

We were using C5300-IS-M 12.2(2)XA5 running 2.9.4.0 Mica
modem firmware.
Now C5300-IS-M 12.2(2)XB11 running 2.9.4.0 Mica modem
firmware is being used.

The engineer which "forced" this upgrade (Dan Fraser - Bell
Nexxia) implied we shouldn't have any difficulties, however,
we're now getting multiple calls involving USR V.92 modem
users not being able to connect.

In some cases "AT+PIG=1+PQC=3+PMH=1" on the client modem
works, in others we have found no work around.
Once again this seems to be affecting only USR V.92 devices
(only one other report about a PCTel onboard modem problem).

Francisco