[cisco-nas] multilink on unequal links

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Jun 13 13:25:29 EDT 2003

Hi,

> We have 2 serial links, one 2 Mbps kai one 512 Kbps.
>
> If we make a multink interface consisting of these 2, how will it
> work after the 512kbps barrier?

There is no problem mixing links of different speeds, Multilink will
just send the packets on the link which still has resources to do so.
Details are highly implementation dependant, but there is no such thing
as round-robin or hash-based (like CEF's per-destination), so you don't
need to worry.
We still try to utilize all links, so the load is spread across all
members, but not necessarily equally..

	oli