[cisco-nas] Outbound ISDN PRI calls and Caller ID

Erick B. erickbe at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 21 23:01:00 EDT 2003

Hello there,

I've got a client that recently moved over to VoIP and
have a 2650 as their voice gateway. H323 and ISDN PRI
for inbound/outbound calls to PSTN.

Everythings working, except for outbound calls to
people that subscribe to the call blocker / privacy
manager service from the telephone get intercepted all
the time. This doesn't happen when PRI is plugged into
their old PBX system, so client is saying it's a cisco
problem. Outbound calls from PRI when using PBX don't
get intercepted by call blocker.

Outbound calls to people without the call blocker /
privacy manager type service have the company name and
correct phone # displayed for caller id when calls are
placed. So it appears the Caller ID is working.

I'm not familar with what Call Blocker / privacy
manager type services looks for to not intercept a
call. Have been trying to figure out but get different
information from different people. I've been told as
long the telephone provider can look up the calling #
to a name in the Caller ID database all should be
good. That appears to be working fine here since
caller id shows right on calls to people without call
blocker service. I've also been told by customers PBX
guys that theres some thing in the ISDN headers the
Cisco isn't setting for Call blocker but they can't
tell me what it is because they don't know.

If anyone can help out with some more details on how
this works and if it is possible to get it working on
cisco gear I would appreciate it. I have tried setting
isdn calling-number and same thing occurs.

Thanks in advance,
Erick