[cisco-nas] Missing Calling-Station-ID in Access-Request

Dennis Peng dpeng at cisco.com
Fri May 2 15:27:57 EDT 2003

We don't send the MAC address in the Calling-Station-Id field. We do
send it in a Cisco VSA called "client-mac-address" though, but you
need CSCdw44464 which is not in your version of code. It doesn't look
like there is any uBR release which has this feature in it right now.

Dennis

Nilesh Naik [qmailindia at yahoo.com] wrote:
> Hi all
>
>   we rae using cisco uBR 7246, as our PPPoE
> concentrator and NAS , we are running IOS (tm) 7200
> Software (UBR7200-IK8S-M), Version 12.2(11)BC3, EARLY
> DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)  on this uBR ,
>
>    we are presently using the Radius Authentication
> for all the PPPoE dialin Users , but when i see in the
> debug mode by enabling "debug radius", debug aaa
> authentication" & "debug aaa accounting" i cant see
> cisco uBR sending "Calling-Station-Id" attribute to
> the radius , which i think sould contain value of the
> customer's MAC Address if i am correct ?? pls correct
> me if i am wrong here ?
>
>    now i check out every option on the Ubr to enable
> this i even tried these following commands
>
> aaa group server radius accountgroup
>  server 20.17.92.2 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
>  server 20.17.92.1 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
>  authorization accept default ( added this command)
> !
> then
> radius-server attribute list default
>
> and also added "calling-station-ID" attribute under
> attribute list (Default the one created by above
> command)
>

> than also i cant see cisco uBR our NAS sending the
> Calling-Station-ID to the radius server ,
>
> i even tried doing this
>
> my-cmts02(config)#radius-server attribute ?
>   11        Filter-Id attribute configuration
>   188       Num-In-Multilink attribute configuration
>   218       Address-Pool attribute
>   32        NAS-Identifier attribute
>   4         NAS IP address attribute
>   44        Acct-Session-Id attribute
>   6         Service-Type attribute
>   69        Tunnel-Password attribute
>   8         Framed IP address attribute
>   list      List of Attribute Types
>   nas-port  NAS-Port attribute configuration
>

> but as u see there isnt any thing mentioned for
> "calling-station-ID" (31)  so i was not able to enable
> it ,
>

>   so if any one knows anything about this then kindly
> let me know what i am missing here ? what should i do
> to enable it so that it starts sending
> calling-station-ID attribute?
>
> regards
> Prashant

      ||        ||                                 Dennis Peng
      ||        ||        Cisco Systems, Inc.      Escalation Engineer
 ..:||||||:..:||||||:..   San Jose, CA 95134       Fax:   (408) 232-2343
   Cisco Systems Inc.                              dpeng at cisco.com