[cisco-nas] As5300 crashes

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Sat Nov 1 08:45:13 EST 2003

One issue I see with your configuration is that although you have defined an
ACL

access-list 110 permit tcp any any established
access-list 110 deny   icmp any any echo log
access-list 110 deny   icmp any any echo-reply log
access-list 110 permit ip any any

I don't see that you have actually applied it to any interface, so I think
it is not doing anything.

I suggest the following:

interface Group-Async1
 ip access-group 110 in
 ip access-group 110 out

After configuring this kind of ACL on my own AS5396, it stopped locking up.

You can gauge the effectiveness also by issuing a "show access-list
command":

Extended IP access list 110
    deny icmp any any echo (34882010 matches)
    deny icmp any any echo-reply (17507 matches)
    (various additional deny commands)
    permit ip any any (396308442 matches)

The link Mark provided goes into further detail, too...

Hope that helps,
Adam