[cisco-nas] AS5350 Connection Problems

John McKinney johnm at wnconline.net
Fri Sep 5 01:53:29 EDT 2003

	We seem to have a spuratic problem with users connecting, but then
not being able to send/receive any data. The call will start like normal,
then after about 8K of data, sessions just stops sending or receiving
anything. I experienced it myself Sunday afternoon from my dial-up
connection. Since this is a production enviroment I am having trouble
tracking the problem. Even pings from my dialup computer to our local
severs will stop. I could ping the AS5300, but nothing on the ethernet
side. I switched to my laptop and it did the same thing. I drove to the
office and everything was fine. I drove home, the problem was gone. I have
in the past told yours to reboot, that windows was causing the problem but
this is not the case. I think rebooting is just buying time until the
problem goes away. This seems to come and go, but lately I am
hearing more and more complaints. Where do we go from here? Phone
conditions seem normal, no excessive retrains or noise.

2 AS5350's, not sure if one or both are doing it. Both are less than 1
year old.

IOS 12.2-2.XB11

One has beening running XB11 for several weeks, the other 2 days. Before
that we were using XB8. The problem was present before the upgrade.

Thank You,
John McKinney