[cisco-nas] Cisco NM-8AM and rlogin

Srdjan Simic srdjan at sezampro.yu
Sat Sep 6 15:06:25 EDT 2003

Hi all

We are starting to use Cisco 3640 with two NM-8AM cards (async lines) for dial in. Regular PPP dial in works fine, but we need additional feature. We have a custom rlogin server which our customers use, when logging from hyperterm (console login). So our dial-in lines need to support two types of connection, one with PPP and another that forward a connection to a rlogin server. We use this on Livingston PortMaster with 'default host' option and on Lucent Max we use RADIUS to give rlogin host and port number. What is the best solution to use with Cisco and please supply some configuration details as we are new in using Cisco equipment as NASs.

Best regards Srdjan