[cisco-nas] AS5350 Internal clocking.

Aaron Leonard Aaron at cisco.com
Mon Sep 22 11:51:00 EDT 2003

> Hello, I know on an AS5300 when configuring the T1 controller while in
> "controller-config" mode you  enter  "AS5300(config-controller)#clock source
> internal" in order to get internal clocking done on the T1s.
> I have now, an AS5350 and I can't find the command option, is there a way to
> do internal clocking on an AS5350?

> Thanks and regards,
> Richardg;

On the newer platforms (AS5350/5400/5850), we use the
dial-tdm-clock command for this.  Specificially, if you
want the platform's TDM clock to freerun, use:

dial-tdm-clock priority <n> freerun

where <n> is a higher priority than any other dial-tdm-clock
source.  (1 being the highest.)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008017d9d0.html#1062252

Aaron