[cisco-nas] Channelized E1 over more E1 links

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Apr 2 05:02:18 EST 2004

> Is there possibility to use other mechanism for P2P links, like using
> PPP on leased line configuration, but I'm not shure if this could be
> used on multiple interfaces.

sure this can be used, Cisco HDLC is not required. Depending on your AAA
configuration, "ppp authorization XXXX" might be needed on the serial
link (where "XXXX" is a non-existing method list or one which is defined
as "aaa authorization network XXXX none").

> If there is 3PTY equipment in the
> network, I'm looking for soluition which is interoperable between
> vendors.

Using equal-cost multipaths (with whatever L2 encapsulation) should be
the most interoperable solution. Multilink-PPP over leased-lines could
be another alternative, but not sure if this is possible in your setup.

	oli