[cisco-nas] Newbie - Odd probs with AS5300 - double login on text

Aaron Leonard Aaron at Cisco.COM
Wed Aug 18 14:34:30 EDT 2004

Hi Charles,

Not sure that I've read your question correctly,
but I assume that you're talking about using the
rlogin protocol between the AS5300 and the *nix hosts.

I assume that the way you want this to work is for a user to login
into the AS5300 under some username - say "aaron" - then issue the
'rlogin FOO' and then have the rlogin server on host FOO
automatically log the user in as "aaron" without reprompting for a
username.

If my assumptions are correct, then what you are looking for
is the command "rlogin trusted-localuser-source local".
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008010bb5f.html#wp1004357

With this obscure command in effect, the IOS rlogin client
will present the line's authenticated username to the
rlogin server as the username.  Absent this command
(or if rlogin client's line lacks an authenticated
username), the IOS rlogin client will present "ciscoTS"
as the username.

Cheers,

Aaron

"If I wasn't so dang old, I wouldn'ta known what one of these
was." - Slim Pickens, examining a slug from a .50 Sharp's
buffalo rifle ("Rancho Deluxe" (1975))

---