[cisco-nas] alive accounting packets

Mark Johnson mljohnso at cisco.com
Thu Jan 8 12:13:16 EST 2004

At 05:37 PM 1/8/2004 +0200, Tassos Chatzithomaoglou wrote:

>If i enable "aaa accounting update periodic x" globally, are all the alive
>packets sent at the same time to the radius server?

No, it should be per-call.  In fact, with two users who authenticated
at about the same time, the updates will not necessarily be sent at
the same time (for additional scalability).  Still, you want to pay
attention to the CPU once initially configured to see the reaction
for your given situation.

>Does this mean that if i have 1000 users online, after x mins 1000 radius
>packets will be sent to the radius server?
>
>How can i have accounting update packets at specific time every day, ex.
>at 23:59?

I don't know of a way, and again for scalability reasons I don't
think you would want one mass update.

mark