[cisco-nas] AS5350

kh MOh eng_khalidsd at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 14:14:28 EDT 2004

Hi

I AS5350 2 CE1 60NP-DFC card use it for prepaid
calling card I plane to upgrade to 8 E1 without adding
another DFC card because in our model we just receive
the call form the main SP throw E1 authenticate the
call and switch it throw other E1 line (TDM switching)
I had read an article from CISCO stating that TDM on
AS5350 don’t use DSP resources but in other part they
state that IVR use DSP resources and I use IVR to
authenticate the caller so do I have to upgrade the
DFC card to be able to use 8CE1.

Thanks
khalid M.