[cisco-nas] Multichassis Multilink PPP (SGBP) - Help Needed.

Chris Atkinson akko at westnet.com.au
Tue Mar 2 19:25:08 EST 2004

Hello,
I'm hoping someone out there can assist us with a problem we've been having
please...

We currently have 2x Cisco 7200s acting as LNS' for terminating end-user
dial-up PPP sessions (56k/64k), we also have multilinking enabled and
functioning on both boxes in their own right but seem unable to get the two
boxes talking to one another using SGBP so that multilink will function
across both/multiple chassis.

vpdn multihop is enabled on both boxes, aswell as a stack-group
username/password and an sgbp group with members configured. - Is there
anything we are missing here?

debugging sgbp (hellos/events/messages/errors/dial-bids) on both boxes
provides virtually no output when a multilink (ISDN - 128k) calls comes
in....other than the Hellos/Keepalives being sent and acknowledged between
the sgbp group members.

When each call/channel from the dial-in client comes in and lands on a
seperate chassis they form their own multilink bundle, it's asthough sgbp is
not functioning at all even though it's configured and a show sgbp indicates
that it is active on both chassis...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i'm starting to run out of
ideas here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chris Atkinson