[cisco-nas] Cisco router acting as a PPTP Client with MPPE

Richard Greasley richardg at blue-stream.net
Fri Mar 12 08:56:08 EST 2004

Hi there, I've been able to succefully setup a VPN using MS-CHAP, I've been
able to succesfully login using my Windows XP machine.

The necessary configs are as follows:

vpdn enable
!
vpdn-group pptptest
! Default PPTP VPDN group
 accept-dialin
  protocol pptp
  virtual-template 1
!
async-bootp dns-server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
!
interface Loopback2
 ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
!
interface Virtual-Template1
 ip unnumbered Loopback2
 peer default ip address pool vpnpooltest
 ppp encrypt mppe auto required
 ppp authentication ms-chap
!
ip local pool vpnpooltest xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Can I setup my cisco router (2620)  over my ADSL circuit using PPTP with
MPPE to connect to the PPTP server? If I can... how do I go about setting it
up?

Thanks in Advance,
Richardg;