[cisco-nas] AAA: Filtering assigned IP adresses

Benoit GRANGE Benoit.GRANGE at fr.tiscali.com
Tue Mar 23 10:57:02 EST 2004

Hello,

we have some NAS (and some LNS) where users receive static IP adresses via RADIUS, like

	Framed-IP-Address = 62.210.1.1
	Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.240

but sometimes the RADIUS provisioning fails and we have

	Framed-IP-Address = 62.210.1.1
	Framed-IP-Netmask = 0.0.0.0 (!!!)

which leads to a virtual-access interface which acts as a default route and receives all trafic.

Is there a way to configure the NAS to refuse adresses assignments of this kind ? I would like to find some fool proof config in the NAS to prevent that kind of problems.

Being able to refuse assignments of adresses outside a range (like having a prefix list filtering BGP announcements) would be very nice.

Thanks in advance,

Benoît