[cisco-nas] Static modem mapping on AS5300

Babak Farrokhi bfarrokhi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 13:16:41 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I have an AS5300 Octal E1 fully loaded and is working fine. Gateway is
assigning IP addresses from local pool. I've tried following scenario
several times without success:

I need to assign a specific range of addresses to connections coming
from first two E1 lines. I thought setting up a group-async with
"group-range 1 30" and another group-async with "group-range 31 240",
each with their own address pool should work. But I was completely
wrong since, unlike my thoughts, users coming from first two E1 ports
are being assigned random async lines. I thought there should be a way
to setup gateway not to assign random asyncs, but I didn't find it.

any clues?

Thank you
Babak