[cisco-nas] Agere SoftModem AC'97 fails to connect

R. Peter Haddad peter.haddad at hp.com
Fri Apr 29 12:23:37 EDT 2005

Running a newish version of V92 fw on the modem (2.1.41.10), connecting
to an AS5300
running 12.3(5), w/portware 2.9.4.0 on Mica modems.  The client modem
seems to hang
early in the neg. process.  I'm using "modem autoconfigure discovery".
Any known issues, or
recommended modemcaps? Just using the factory defaults on the client modem.

On another similar client, using the same modem & fw, I do get the
modems to connect but
LCP fails.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

Also, does anyone know where to get a manual for this type of modem?

Sorry if these are FAQ's but I haven't monitored this list for quite
some time.

thanks,

Peter Haddad
RIT Networks