[cisco-nas] client-initiated l2tp tunnel

Jaco Engelbrecht bje at serendipity.org.za
Tue Feb 8 09:41:21 EST 2005

hi,

we are trying to setup an l2tp tunnel up from an cisco 837 adsl router to an lns.

we are able to establish the tunnel, the session however will not get established.  i've attached the c837's config (you'll see very basic - still testing).

we've tried using chap/pap with local auth and radius - the problem seems to be with the ppp auth.  could anyone advise of any known problems when using this feature?  google and cco has limited information.

thanks in advance

-jaco

--
Current configuration : 1904 bytes
!
version 12.3
no service pad
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
service password-encryption
!
hostname dsl-ce
!
memory-size iomem 5
enable secret 5 $1$x7yn$hE1YnaYv2nQ2mnT2x2fk6.
!
no aaa new-model
ip subnet-zero
ip telnet source-interface Ethernet0
no ip domain lookup
!
!
ip cef
ip cef accounting per-prefix
ip audit notify log
ip audit po max-events 100
l2tp-class l2tpclass1
!
pseudowire-class pwclass1
 encapsulation l2tpv2
 ip local interface ATM0.1
!
no ftp-server write-enable
!
interface Loopback1
 no ip address
!
interface Ethernet0
 ip address 172.20.8.17 255.255.255.248
 no cdp enable
 hold-queue 100 out
!
interface ATM0
 no ip address
 load-interval 30
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 dsl operating-mode auto
!
interface ATM0.1 point-to-point
 pvc 8/35
  pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1
 !
!
interface FastEthernet1
 no ip address
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface FastEthernet2
 no ip address
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface FastEthernet3
 no ip address
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface FastEthernet4
 no ip address
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface Virtual-PPP1
 ip unnumbered Ethernet0
 no cdp enable
 ppp authentication chap
 ppp chap hostname clns1-rba
 ppp chap password 7 131112011F050A2D
 pseudowire 10.10.208.137 10 pw-class pwclass1
!
interface Dialer0
 ip address negotiated
 no ip redirects
 encapsulation ppp
 ip route-cache flow
 load-interval 30
 dialer pool 1
 dialer-group 1
 ppp authentication pap callin
 ppp pap sent-username bje at chiefjanitor.com password 0 mypassword
!
ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer0
ip route 192.168.198.0 255.255.255.0 Virtual-PPP1
!
no ip http server
no ip http secure-server
!
!
line con 0
 exec-timeout 120 0
 no modem enable
 stopbits 1
line aux 0
line vty 0 4
 exec-timeout 120 0
 password 7 0507070D
 login local
 length 0
!
scheduler max-task-time 5000
!
end

bje at serendipity.org.za
the faculty of making fortunate discoveries