[cisco-nas] Radius Per-User Access Lists

gk at ax.tc gk at ax.tc
Sat Feb 12 20:03:03 EST 2005

On Saturday 12 February 2005 19:01, Stephen Malenshek wrote:
> I need assistance in converting the following rad-reply in radius
> to a per-user access-list that can be applied from the rad-reply.
>  The strange thing is that some users that have DNS already
> specified on the client machine do not accept the new DNS entries
> passed to it, but simply keep operating with what they already
> have.

This is a normal behavior. Only when the client allowes dynamic DNS
server configuration the DNS-reply-values from the NAS will be
used. If you configure static DNS on the client then the
DNS-reply-values will be ignored. The same with IP adresses...

> The thing is, when we do account suspensions, we for all
> port 80 & 443 traffic to 208.189.209.7 and all DNS entries to
> 208.189.209.15 which has DNS already configured to where no
> matter what address they enter, it will always resolve back to
> 208.189.209.7.

Sorry, but I don't get your point here. Looks like you're trying to
redirect all traffic to some fixed servers but it is not clear to
me.

> My thoughts were to apply an access-list to the user on connect
> using cisco-avpairs, but simply stated, I do not know enough
> about access-lists to do the job.  If someone would assist me in
> this, or point me in the direction with some examples of this it
> would be greatly appreciated.

Generally you can create per-user ACL's on Cisco NAS's with the
following user attributes (only as an example - not very useful):

Cisco-AVPair =  "ip:inacl#1=permit icmp any any",
Cisco-AVPair += "ip:inacl#2=permit udp any any eq 53",
Cisco-AVPair += "ip:inacl#3=deny ip any any log"

Maybe that helps a little bit.

--
Gerald

()