[cisco-nas] question to accounting

Ahmad Cheikh Moussa acm at netuse.de
Mon Jul 4 04:03:53 EDT 2005

Hi!

I have a question to accounting. I wanted to test how
precise radius accounting is. I made this test with
a Windows XP and an isdn card.

The first dialin was into an easy NAS Pool.
One NAS with two PRIs and radius accounting.
I made the dialin and compared the accounting
from windows with the radius accounting.
The accounting was almost the same.

The second dialin was a little bit more complex.
15 NAS and everyone has 4 PRIs. All of them are in
the same sgbp group. There is one sgbp offloader.
In this case, when I made the dialin and compare the
accounting I have a higher difference. The radius accounting
is higher than the accounting I see on my windows.

Could l2tp be the reason for that difference ?
The radius accounting are alway 0.5% more than the
windows accounting. Is this correct ?

Thanks in advance,
  Ahmad

--