[cisco-nas] AS5300 Dropped Calls

Eric Knudson ericknudson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 15:46:01 EST 2005

Mark,

>From my experience, there are just some customers that you're not
going to be able to get 56k, for whatever reason (bridged taps, etc.)

See if the problem is related to specific modems or specific
customers. Get some 'sho modem op' output and see if you can take a
look at the waveform printed out. One other thing that you mentioned,
they weren't having problems with the analog nas that was there
before? If it was analog, then they weren't doing 56k/v.9X, since you
have to have a digital facility on your end to accomodate that
speed/modulation std. So, past performance may not be totally
relevant.

make sure you're using the recommended modemcap and mica firmware:
http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_tech_note09186a008009491b.shtml

Eric