[cisco-nas] Per-user authorization and Wifi ? Not Possible ?

Mathieu Benard mbenard at m6.fr
Wed May 18 10:06:29 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have a general question about AAA Wifi and Cisco

In theory, it is possible for a NAS to honore and send a lot of RADIUS
and VSA attributes, to permit precise per-user authorization tunning
(for exemple per-user ACL, with Filter-Id or VSA...). But in the case
where the NAS is an Access-Point, is it possible to manage authorization
like this too ?

I'm working on a Cisco Aironet 1200, and in the doc they said that it's
possible to use per-user authorization for Administrative users of the
access-point, but they say nothing about normal users (ie: Wifi users),
and the listed supported Radius attributes are not including the ones
needed to do that.

Is there AAA limitations about Wifi ?
Is it impossible to use the RADIUS authorization features in Wireless
domain (maybe the problem is that an AP is more a 2-layer equipement) ?
Maybe some Access-Point can do that and some others can't ?

Thanks in advance

--
Mafioo