[cisco-nas] CBWFQ via radius for l2tp?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed May 25 12:01:02 EDT 2005

I'm trying to figure out a way to configure QoS for output traffic to DSL
customers we see as L2TP PPP sessions from the ILEC.  The setup uses
vpdn-groups to handle all customers for each group/area with
virtual-template1.  I tried building a service-policy on the aggregation
router and applying it via an lcp:interface-config cisco-avpair, but then
the test user could not reconnect.  With debugging, I saw:

May 25 11:43:03: Vi100 VTEMPLATE: Messages from (un)cloning ...
 Class Based Weighted Fair Queueing will be applied only to the
Virtual-Access interfaces associated with an MLP bundle.

Is there any way to get CBWFQ without changing the virtual-template to
multilink (which I'm worried may break everything, since nobody is
actually doing multilink)?

The router is a 3640 running 12.2M code with a 4 port T1 IMA card.