[cisco-nas] include extra attribute in the auth request

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Apr 5 01:05:34 EDT 2006

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou <> wrote on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:32 PM:

> Is there a way i can include something extra/unique (besides
> username/password) in the auth request of a ppp client?
>
> I have a cisco 876 making some adsl/isdn calls and i want to have it
> include a user-specified attribute in the dialer auth request. Is
> that possible?
>
> I'm asking this because i want radius to be able to tell if both the
> adsl & isdn calls originate from the same client.

You want to configure something at the client so the NAS/BRAS will
include some attributes allowing your Radius server to tell if this is
the same client? To enforce some per-user session-limit, which allows
the ISDN connection even if the PPPoE/DSL session is still up on the
BRAS, I guess?
Well, tricky. Can't think of anything we can use. Theoretically, with
multilink we could use the endpoint-discriminator, but currently this
does not seem to be supported.

Maybe we can suggest more if you tell us why you need this?

	oli