[cisco-nas] Multihoming Question

Paul Stewart pstewart at nexicomgroup.net
Wed Dec 13 10:29:24 EST 2006

Thanks very much... the other ISP in the equation and ourselves are
directly peered which would help....

I guess my one question is whether or not the customer needs their own
unique ASN if both ISP's are advertising from their ASN's that
particular IP block...?  It would just appear to the outside world that
both ISP's can route that space right?  Just a thought.... we'd send the
other ISP a LOA to send to their upstreams etc....

We had a downstream that had their own /24 portable space and their own
ASN... I talked to ARIN and they said this must be an old customer
before policy changes.  Not sure how they managed to get this space as
it was just last year when they applied and got approval.... that would
be ideal if our customers could just buy a /24 and an ASN really....

Thanks again,

Paul