[cisco-nas] 7206 PPPoE NAS crashed

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Feb 2 05:42:56 EST 2006

Hi

Souphonh Phounsavath <> wrote on Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:24 AM:

> Dear Mounir Mohamed,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion. CPU utilization is very low, but the I/O
> memory usage is high. See my show memory history below:
[...]
> The processor memory is low, but the I/O memory is high. How can I
> dedicate more memory for I/O?

No need to worry about this, I/O memory is static memory allocated to
packet buffers, so what you're seeing is expected.

To troubleshoot the crash, we need to take a look at the "crashinfo"
file.. since the list filters attachments, feel free to send it directly
to me and I'll try to take a look whether you are hitting a known bug.
Please include "show ver" and "show run" from the box.

 	oli