[cisco-nas] IOS, SPE & modemcap Recommendation

Darryl Sladden (dsladden) dsladden at cisco.com
Mon Feb 6 15:24:09 EST 2006

Chip,

These are complex problems and I would recommend
getting support on the AS5350 and opening a TAC case.

The SPEWare can be upgraded independently of the
IOS.  The lastest SPEWare optimized for dialup is 8.XX.

You can definitely play with the modemcap, but it
will only be helpful in a definate problem is understood.

"Having trouble staying connected" could mean lots of
things include dirty lines and faultly client modems
that upgrading the NAS will not help with.

Good luck.

Regards,
Darryl Sladden
Product Manager AS5000