[cisco-nas] concurrent support for dial-up scripts and CHAP?

Jamie Savage jsavage at yorku.ca
Thu Jun 22 11:28:01 EDT 2006

Thanks Aaron.....yes we've since got it to work.....we've written our own
TACACS and that's where the problem was (which I assumed but needed to be
sure my 5350 config was fine).....however, I wasn't aware of the 'if
needed' scenario...that could make things better for us.

.......as always, I appreciate your help.....thx............Jamie

James Savage                                   York University
Senior Communications Tech.       108 Steacie Building
jsavage at yorku.ca                            4700 Keele Street
ph: 416-736-2100 ext. 22605            Toronto, Ontario
fax: 416-736-5701                                M3J 1P3, CANADA

Aaron Leonard <Aaron at cisco.com>
06/22/2006 11:21 AM

Jamie Savage <jsavage at yorku.ca>
cc
cisco-nas at puck.nether.net
Subject
Re: [cisco-nas] concurrent support for dial-up scripts and CHAP?

Jamie,

Yes you can support users dialing in and authenticating either in
character mode (dialup script) or via PPP (CHAP or PAP).  Here's the
idea ...

aaa authentication login default group tacacs ! for character mode logins
aaa authentication ppp default group tacacs if-needed ! [1]
int group-async1
  encapsulation ppp
  async mode interactive

line 1/0 1/59
  autoselect ppp
  autoselect during-login

[1] if-needed means that authentication in PPP is skipped if the call
has already done character mode authentication

Aaron

---