[cisco-nas] Cisco 7206VXR for BBA

Jaco Engelbrecht bje at serendipity.org.za
Tue Sep 12 15:38:34 EDT 2006

Hi Paul,

Paul Stewart wrote:
> Basically, stepping back a bit... We have three user at realm coming in
> across the same physical connection.  Our requirement is to take one of
> these realms and have it use it's own radius servers and ip pools.

In your users file, do something to this extent:

DEFAULT         Suffix = "@special_pool_realm"
		Cisco-AVPair = "ip:addr-pool=specific_pool"
                 Fall-Through = No

DEFAULT         Cisco-AVPair = "ip:addr-pool=default_pool"

In your realms file:

special_pool_realm	172.22.10.12:1812:1813	nostrip

This will proxy all requests for someuser at special_pool_realm to
172.22.10.12, and when it sends the request back to the NAS, it'll send
the Cisco-AVPair back, and the IP address pool should be set to
"specific_pool".

If you don't come right, drop me a mail off-list, and I'll assist further.

Cheers,
Jaco

bje at serendipity.org.za
the faculty of making fortunate discoveries