[cisco-nas] automatically busy isdn channels as they get free

Jaco Engelbrecht bje at serendipity.org.za
Fri Dec 28 17:24:02 EST 2007

Hi,

On 27 Dec 2007, at 14:39, Tassos Chatzithomaoglou wrote:
> In other words, i want to block the isdn channels, but not
> disconnect the current users. So after some days, all channels will be
> blocked and i will be able to do maintenance on the router without
> affecting anyone.

You could just configure 'aaa preauth' to a non existent RADIUS server
(or a real one which just replies with access-rejects if you really
want to) - this should then reject all new calls with a busy tone.

--
aaa group server radius preauth
  server 10.0.0.1 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813

aaa preauth
  group preauth
--

You might also need to set the ISDN guard-timer on your serial
interface(s) to reject calls when it can't reach your RADIUS server -

--
int serial 0:15
  isdn guard-timer 1000 on-expiry reject

See:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121t/121t2/dtpreaut.htm

Jaco

bje at serendipity.org.za
the faculty of making fortunate discoveries