[cisco-nas] vpdn - wt-sss| SSS Circuit

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Oct 31 06:30:51 EDT 2007

jc <> wrote on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 11:17 AM:

> hi all,
>
> could somebody please point me to some sort of documentation as to why
> incoming vpdn sessions onto a NPE-G1 would sometimes end up in the
> wt-sss state.
[...]
> from doing the google thing, it seems that this could be due to a non
> responsible radius server, which would be my next step in tracing the
> problem.

right. General answer is that the LNS is waiting for service selection,
which is performed by the IOS SSS subsystem. On an L2TP LNS, services
applicable are really only "terminate locally" or "forward the session",
both are dependant on the AAA authorization. So slow/non-responding
radius server is a very likely cause of this.. I've also seen problems
in the PPP negotiation leading to this state, which can be a
pre-requisite for authorization.

	oli