[cisco-nas] Modems not responding on cisco AS5300.

Joseph Mays mays at win.net
Mon Aug 25 22:15:50 EDT 2008

> Well, what's puzzling me is that it's the same six modems on two cards in
> the box. So I'm wondering if the slots the cards are plugged into share
> any circuitry.

Okay, so we have another AS5300 with the same hardware, same IOS, same modem
firmware, exact same config except for things like the IP number. I went
through and tested every modem on it. The following modems failed repeatedly
on two tests.

1/36 *
-
1/38 *
1/39 *
1/40 *
1/41 *
-
1/43 *

2/36 *
-
2/38 *
2/39 *
2/40 *
2/41 *
-
2/43 *

The same six modems on each card -- though not all in one SPE clump this
time. I'm out of ideas. Not that I had that many in the first place.