[cisco-nas] VPN on Cisco AS53xx

Aaron Leonard Aaron at cisco.com
Tue Aug 26 16:15:50 EDT 2008

David,

I think, even with 60% peak CPU load, I'd be wary of running the IPsec
tunnels into this 5350.  Better to run the IPsec into a separate box
with some dedicated crypto hw - for a few tunnels, even an 871 or 851
would do the trick.

As far as L2TP ... that's a non-encrypted tunneling protocol that's
typically used in the following applications:

    * tunneling layer 2 traffic over an IP network (see L2TPv3)
    * wholesale network access for dial / PPPoA customers

If you haven't heard of it, you probably don't want it ...

Aaron

----