[cisco-nas] Modems not responding on cisco AS5300.

Charles Gregory cgregory at hwcn.org
Tue Aug 26 17:27:45 EDT 2008

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Joseph Mays wrote:
> Okay, so we have another AS5300 with the same hardware, same IOS, same
> modem firmware, exact same config except for things like the IP
> number. I went through and tested every modem on it. The following
> modems failed repeatedly on two tests.
> The same six modems on each card -- though not all in one SPE clump this
> time. I'm out of ideas. Not that I had that many in the first place.

Is this on a set of PRI lines? Are we certain that the phone company does
not have a fault with *their* equipment? If they are running an integrated
system, *they* might have circuits 'shared' between PRI's in the
manner that produces patterns as you are seeing.... Does the pattern
*change* when you reset the AS5300?

- Charles